The Directors and Senior Management of VCP Advisors Limited (VCP) are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied to all areas of our day to day business activities.
VCP’s customers are Eligible Counterparties and Professionals Only.
In adopting the TCF principle, we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- Protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the capital raising services life cycle.
- Ensure that we meet the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, by constantly reviewing our processes to identify areas for improvement.
In practical terms for VCP, this means:
- Capital raising services are suitable and appropriate for our clients. This will be achieved by ensuring VCP employees understand the capital raising services and are fully conversant with all available, current and appropriate marketing materials. Also, by ensuring a comprehensive review has been undertaken to assess capital raising services according to the appropriate risk categories (Professional and Eligible Counterparty). Lastly, have a clear understanding of the definition of risk and identify the client’s appetite to risk in relation to the capital raising services being introduced to them by VCP.
- All clients are provided with clear and accurate information and are kept adequately informed. This will be achieved by ensuring that all promotional material is clear, jargon free, appropriately targeted and compliant with the Financial Promotions regulations. Also, that appropriate procedures are in place to ensure the customer is kept informed of the performance of the capital raising services being provided by VCP.
- Suitability, record keeping and risk: Suitability assessment is completed by taking into account the client’s circumstances and client due diligence. In respect of record keeping, VCP will at all times will carry out customer due diligence on its clients for potential capital raising or fund placement.
- Where complaints arise, complaints will be dealt with promptly, impartially and in line with the FCA’s complaint handling rules.
- This is achieved by encouraging regular contact with Clients where appropriate. All VCP staff to recommend improvements to the service, thereby breeding and embedding a “bottom up, top down” TCF culture within VCP.
- Staff are up to date with all regulatory requirements in respect of technical ability and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to VCP’s clients.